Canada has a new majority government under the Liberal Party!
As future or current immigration consultants, this means that you will have to keep updated on the newest immigration changes in order to better serve your clients on their road to starting a new life in Canada.
As always, we’re here to help and will update as more details are released, but for now, it looks like the following implementations will take place:
– PR applications for Parents and Grandparents will double to 10,000
– Lowering wait times for these applications
– Higher Express Entry CRS points for those with brothers/sisters in Canada
– Moving the age of dependents back to 22 years old
– Immediate PR for spouses
– Expanding refugee settlement programs
You can read more about the Liberal Platform on Immigration at the link below (page 62-65) https://www.liberal.ca/files/2015/10/New-plan-for-a-strong-middle-class.pdf